litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Appliance Comparisons On-line?

Ladders

Anyone know a good website that does comparisons on house hold appliences, TV's etc?

Something like Which or What Hifi etc, except where you don't have to pay! :)

Also anyone know any good sites for interior design etc?

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

I've used kelkoo.co.uk or pricerunner.co.uk in the past, both are free and have been useful for comparing stuff. empiredirect.co.uk are normally pretty good on price for all household appliances etc.

Can't help with the interior design though!

HTH :)

Cheers for those Pete!

Do you know anywhere which recomends which product is best as well?

Just been looking at Tv's and fancy an LCD one as it won't take up to much space, but not sure whether the picture is as good as a normal one etc etc?

get your self to symbiosis in leicester, and have a chat with the guys in there... theyre not stupidly expensive (well they are, but the kit is reasonably priced, its just high end).

when it comes to plasma/lcd tv's, I dont think you will find a lot of difference in price between them and anywhere else, and you will get amazing service in there; thats where I get most of my stereo stuff now... ...also they are v.un-biased in their opinions.

As for interior design, depends on what you want; best bet is to get some magazines... girlie style magazines are a waste of space imho when it comes to interior design, as its all chintz and bright colours... ..check out "wallpaper", "intersection", "class", etc. and that should give you some good ideas... ...pop round sometime and I can lend you a few copies if you want

b :P

get your self to symbiosis in leicester, and have a chat with the guys in there...  theyre not stupidly expensive (well they are, but the kit is reasonably priced, its just high end).

when it comes to plasma/lcd tv's, I dont think you will find a lot of difference in price between them and anywhere else, and you will get amazing service in there; thats where I get most of my stereo stuff now...      ...also they are v.un-biased in their opinions.

Not to be picky but its cymbiosis... http://www.cymbiosis.com/

Agree you'll get fantastic service and advice from them - however they only stock expensive stuff, but good.

They do tend to be a little bit biased towards the products they stock as opposed to other well recognised brands - but thats to be expected - they are allowed an opinion... something along the lines of 'pmc boom boxes' - it amused me. But they are certainly the best place in Leicester for hi-fi.

For cheaper stuff the web or even richer sounds on london road are ok. As posted, www.empriedirect.co.uk are good. I have also used www.askdirect.co.uk. I managed to pick up a Sharp 26" LCD just before Xmas for a really good price off empiredirect - very impressed with the quality

Rich

Sound and vision are good on prices. They dont normally advertise the prices but 9 times out of 10 they easily beat any other price.

http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/snv/index.asp Free delivery on everything and 0% payments if required.

Never used them myself but a few guys at work have and swear by them.

HTH.

yeah cymbiosis is underneath the case so you can pop in there for tea afterwards :P

their stuff is pricey, but I was surprised by the price of some of the TVs they had in there last time I visited; not as extortionate as I expected!.. I think the 28" LOWE tv in the window was about £650, so about Sony price, but much cooler and better quality

Also, I know Im going to loose all my cred for mentioning this (I know, there wasnt much to loose to start with) but John Lewis sometimes have v.good deals on electronic stuff, and a good range too

b :P

Ah £650's not to bad!

Going to have to do a bit of reserch to see what I'm after.

Also sounds like I'll be after some more speakers as SWMBO dislikes the black Misson's Ive already got! :P

Archived