litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Glass Fibre Damage! Repair?

S2-Nick

Having visited my local garage to have my brakes tested I drove out of the garage only to smash the lower front splitter on the exit driveway. Stupid I know, but I put my faith in the garage owner who watched me out having told me it would be fine, furthermore told me there was no damage! Having got home and examined the car myself I now see its not exactly nothing. Assuming the garage have no liability (I was driving the car and I did not pay for the service) I am looking to have it repaired.

Can anyone recommend a ChipsAway type place to have glass fibre repairs done in the Midlands area?

Any recommendations?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I see you are from Debyshire, a good and convenient place to get the repair done would be I.Wilkinson & Son on the Parker Centre Industrial Estate off Mansfield Road in Derby. I had my Elise repaired there about this time last year and they made a very good job. They carry out repairs to classic and expensive cars such as Ferrari, Rolls Royce etc.

Contact Numbers are: 01332 344124 or 01332 344496

Archived