litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Site: Uploading To Gallery

Am I missing something or could this be a -hurts me to say it- Mac thing?

I've tried Safari and Firefox, both the advanced and simple uploaders, but I can't seem to put any photos in an album I've created.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you getting an error message?

What size are your photos in both dimensions and physical size as there are limitations on that.

Try uploading one image to here first to reduce its sizes (assuming you dont have a photo program that can do it) and see if that test image then uploads and it may solve your problem.

http://www.resizr.com/

Off the top of my head I think max image size is 2MB per image, not sure on the dimensions but try something sensible like 1280 x 1024 as a test case.

I suspect that may be your problem as I uploaded about 10 images myself ok just this morning.

I had reduced my file sizes but the pixel count was still very high. I've dropped the max dimension to 1250 and they worked straight away.

Unless I'm missing something, although there is a file size cap guideline on the uploader, there aren't guidelines for pixel dims.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tested this and an images of 2000 x 2000 pixels uploads just fine but one that is 2500 x 2500 pixels sits there creating the thumbnail forever and thus doesn't work! So I'd keep the dimensions below 2000 for now until its investigated further.

Archived