litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Window Tinting

Martin32

I've been promising my wife that she could have the windows in her zafira tinted since we got it 2 years ago.

Since the Lotus has come along she has pointed out that her car has taken a back seat.

Can anyone suggest or better still recommend a good window tinter in the Bromsgrove Area.

Any guide on price would be good too.

Cheers

Martin (newly wed - and very much under the thumb)

Please, please help it will keep her quiet.

P.S. Have already tried Tinternet..... :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errr, not something i get heavily involved with but i drive past a place called GT Auto Tint in Halesowen every day on my way to work... the place looks a bit dodgy (an old house) but they always seem to be busy so can't be that bad.

Otherwise i know MarkA has tinted windows in his Exige, might be worth a PM.

BTW, has she started selling drugs or something and needs to be a bit more covert?? Cos i have to ask why you'd pimp up a Zafira :D

Place called Pentagon in Brum is supposed to be the place to go. Apparently they do tints for various star types and security film for criminal typres. It is on tinternet but for the London address, Brum address is somewhere hidden there (http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/). Re price...sit down. I looked at getting tints for wifey's Alfa 147 (rear passenger and rear window) and given the rear windows are very small the £400 price tag gave me a heat attack. Post a message to Xzibit on MTV website he might pimp your whole whip (I think that what the kids on the street say today)

Errr, not something i get heavily involved with but i drive past a place called GT Auto Tint in Halesowen every day on my way to work... the place looks a bit dodgy (an old house) but they always seem to be busy so can't be that bad.

Otherwise i know MarkA has tinted windows in his Exige, might be worth a PM.

BTW, has she started selling drugs or something and needs to be a bit more covert?? Cos i have to ask why you'd pimp up a Zafira :lol:

I know the dodgy place you mean (on the Dudley/Halesowen Road) I'll give them a bell.

No drugs - the kids keep pulling and have already broken one set of window blinds - so to keep them out the sun - tinting is the way to go - will also help when I install the DVD player and screens to keep um quiet on the school runs!

Place called Pentagon in Brum is supposed to be the place to go.  Apparently they do tints for various star types and security film for criminal typres.  It is on tinternet but for the London address, Brum address is somewhere hidden there (http://www.pentagonglasstech.com/).  Re price...sit down.  I looked at getting tints for wifey's Alfa 147 (rear passenger and rear window) and given the rear windows are very small the £400 price tag gave me a heat attack.  Post a message to Xzibit on MTV website he might pimp your whole whip (I think that what the kids on the street say today)

I think the windows will have to wait if its that much money!!!!

Don't forget that there are limits on how much you can tint windows, and the fronts must be much less tined than the rears. Police are cracking down on this more and more, so I wouldn't go past whatever the limits is - i.e. use someone that knows what the limits are !

Archived