litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fancyplates.... Begginning To Rant Alittle!

sootysteve

anyone knw where i can get a small front no. plate made up?????

ive tried fancyplates.com - ordered it last thurs, they said id have it by mon, still nothing by wed! phoned them, they said it wud be another week!!! :-( hence told them to 4get it!, any ideas ??? wud be appreciated! ta :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone knw where i can get a small front no. plate made up?????

ive tried fancyplates.com  - ordered it last thurs, they said id have it by mon, still nothing by wed!  phoned them, they said it wud be another week!!!    :-(  hence told them to 4get it!, any ideas ??? wud be appreciated!  ta  :)

dare I say it....Donnington Market - there is a guy there with all the computer equipment. i had my nice little illegal spaced and sized plates done there for a tenner each.

thanks, ive found a place who will do it in tamworth, £17.00 inc vat.

a touch more than donnington, but when u add on petrol its the same,

phewwww! rant over!

just bout to start ranting over exhaust now that ive been waiting for for 2 yep two months!

my patience is wearing thin, as is my hair :)

Sounds like we're doing the same things - I ordered my fancyplates reg plates last week but am yet to receive them. However, the Eliseparts exhaust I bought midweek arrived the next day (as specified) and so is now on the car. :)

yep, well i found [email protected] so im using them, will be ready tmw, as for the exhaust im about to make a phone call, if its not sorted by this week im going for the elise parts one, as that was in the top two of my choices! im not naming names, it wouldnt be fair, but i am starting to loose patience! hows the elise parts zorst then? u any where nr bham, would like to hear it as ive only heard it on their site.

Hows the elise parts zorst then? u any where nr bham, would like to hear it as ive only heard it on their site.

I'm down in Northants - if you happen to be around then it is no problem to demonstrate. I'll try and post my own sound file too. The Eliseparts exhaust is definitely extremely well made (the best I have seen outside top end motorsport). Sound-wise it is quite boomy around 2000rpm, but pretty reasonable at idle or at cruising speed. My car is completely std other than the exhaust and it is a sensible volume. The only problem you have now is that Eliseparts are out of stock as I had the last one - I think they are on at least a fortnight leadtime although you'll have to check.

I don't know which other option you were after, but the Quicksilver was my second option and I believe is coming into stock at Hanger 111 this week (although that may be the one you're already waiting for...)

Cheers,

Chris

hah, ! chris, how strange, i agree, the elise parts is extremely well made, and the qicksilver is my 1st choice, elise parts bein second purely because the ends dont look quite so finished off imho.

although very nice, just thought it looked like theyd chopped them n forgot about them.

was thinking bout getting their big bore manifold though! very nice only prob is £600.00! :clap:

Archived