litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Has Anyone Opinions On Trackers?

Rus

The council should defo refund tracker owners, as they have assited, in fact paid, so that the police can solve a crime in 30 minutes!

Not only does this gives the officer a buzz, it helps the govts statistics too! Think of all the police time that could have been used searching for the stolen car, this assumes they actually spend any time looking....

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the forensic people had finished with my car, it was removed to a safe holding compound. My car was not drivable as the naughty person had damaged my gearbox, and in any case i was in hospital. The police informed me while i was in hospital where my car was being kept. I was released from hospital 3 days later with my arm in plaster. It was a friday evening. I contacted the storage company but there office was closed, I was told by security to phone back in the morning. I did, but found out that i could not release my car until tuesday as it was a bank holiday monday. I could not arrange a recovery from my chosen repairers till wednesday. And the charge for being a victim of criime £348 ;)

I have not been able to claim a penny of this back or my excess either ;)

I have made a claim with the criminal injuries compensation fund and been offered £3300.

They make no allowance for costs incured. That offer was for just a straightforward broken radius. The metalwork in my arm counts for nothing as do all the other cuts and bruises i incured while being dragged down the road at 40mph by my own car and then being thrown off and doing a good impersonation of a russian gymnast ;)

Anyway moan over ;)

I got a free bionic arm out of it :D

I have a Tracker Retrieve fitted to my Elise (actually came with the car). Most of the insurers would touch the car without it. I went for the 'life of ownership' payment as I will be keeping the car (hopefully!!) for at least three years. I'm not sure if its because I did this but this gives you the 'Guard and Retrieve' option where once found they will stay with the vehicle an recover it. I must admit I have not read the small print as to whether they then charge you for it.

The big con is the next owner (if there is one) will have to pay again for a transfer AND sunscription.

I'm with Fiona on this one, even though I have to have the tracker, if you are going to nick my car, have fun in it, crash it then burn the fu**er!! I don't want it back after some w*nker has cained it around. Thats my job!! (the caining around bit I mean, not the w....) :D

Archived