Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Minor Crash Help - Do I Need New Tyres?

Gaz_R

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Camskill mate,

They were the cheapest I found. Gave a discount if you bought a full set and delivered to your work address or the fitter you want to use!

Dunc

I would vote for the Toyos as a good road tyre

BUT first check your tyre pressures I find that 2 pounds either way, and especially on a single tyre can make a BIG differance to roadholding especially in less than prefectly dry weather. This learned over 40,000 miles of daily comute over 2 years.

Yes the roadholding levels are lower in the wet, but it is just another learning experiance to enjoy. The car is not for fine weather only, get out and enjoy the thing.

Sorry Gaz just feel we should all enjoy our Elise all year round.

Peter

I would vote for the Toyos as a good road tyre

BUT first check your tyre pressures I find that 2 pounds either way, and especially on a single tyre can make a BIG differance to roadholding especially in less than prefectly dry weather. This learned over 40,000 miles of daily comute over 2 years.

Yes the roadholding levels are lower in the wet, but it is just another learning experiance to enjoy. The car is not for fine weather only, get out and enjoy the thing.

Sorry Gaz just feel we should all enjoy our Elise all year round.

Peter

Thats fair enough. I bought mine as an everyday car. Glad I kept the 306 now. Booked in for Car Limits :) and am going to get to Horizon to get tyres and Geo and steering rack sorted this weekend or next hopefully. :)

Okay - Been on to Horizon and two front T1R are £118 (inc VAT and fit) which I thought was good.

Leaving the F1s for the moment on the back and will see what Andy thinks to them when I go on the car limits course.

Also see query on Technical about my steering rack & Geo.

Archived