litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Wont Start

greylotus2002

hi guys, hope someone could point me in the right direction. bought a 2002 elise private about 6 weeks ago. everytime i drive the car and the engine gets the chance to warm up it wont start again after being left for over 30 mins. if you go to it within say 10 mins its fine. always starts from cold too. it goes to tick over after trying to start 6 7 toimes and then starts. my mate reckons its a sensor or something.

did i mention it started doing it when i washed it and some how managed to pore water down the exhaust :) .

any help would be great. thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure i have heard of this one before, though i can't remember any of the details.

Try a search through this site, or perhaps i may have heard it from Mike at Horizon so you could try calling him see if he knows what it is.

hi guys, hope someone could point me in the right direction. bought a 2002 elise private about 6 weeks ago. everytime i drive the car and the engine gets the chance to warm up it wont start again after being left for over 30 mins. if you go to it within say 10 mins its fine. always starts from cold too. it goes to tick over after trying to start 6 7 toimes and then starts. my mate reckons its a sensor or something.

did i mention it started doing it when i washed it and some how managed to pore water down the exhaust :) .

any help would be great. thanks

Sounds like a coil problem to me, once heat soaked they can break down. I am no expert on Elises but it would be one of the first things I would try replacing, cheap option too!

Archived