litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Quick Release Steering Wheel

dss123

Hi Guys,

Came across a web site the other day selling Elise parts - think it might even have been european (Scandinavian?)

Forgot to book mark it and they had a nice looking quick release Steering Wheel that I quite fancy getting.

Anybody got any idea what the site might be?

Sorry it's so vague

Duncs

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that kit fit behind the std steering wheel, or only aftermarket ones like the OMP and sparco ones mentioned on the site?.. I cant see any mention of it being used with the std wheel on the website

Does that kit fit behind the std steering wheel, or only aftermarket ones like the OMP and sparco ones mentioned on the site?..    I cant see any mention of it being used with the std wheel on the website

don't think you can get quick release for the standard wheel. Most people go for the Momo one with the Lotus badge.

mine came with a Momo, with quick release Boss. It's really good, but doesn't have the Lotus Horn bit in the middle (mine says "momo" in carbon fibre).

I've been advised off a few people you can get the "Lotus Motorsport Horn Push" from eliseparts for £9, but I've phoned them and they don't do them.. They told me it's an official Lotus part, £30 + VAT + Delivery etc . . Bit pricey i reckon, i'm looking to just glue a badge on if i can fine a 40mm one on ebay ;0)

That looks spot on, much better than my Chavva "Momo" carbonfibre one. Worth the small investment I reckon, may even get a new wheel to go with it. Not sure about the trousers though ;0)

Bought the whole lot from Eliseparts at last years Donny show (trousers were from M&S though :tup:)

Wheel and removeable kit came to about £240 inc VAT Horn Push came at a later date - approx £35 i believe.

The kit is the standard removeable kit on Eliseparts, but also with the spacer to bring it closer. Wheel is a Momo Team which is probably avaialbel cheaper elsewhere (i've seen it as low as £99 in Halfords) It comes in 2 sizes, 300mm or 280mm (std is 320mm) mine is 300mm, but i'd be tempted to try 280 to make it even cooler :D Its a massive improvement over std IMHO, more grip, doesn't get slippy when you get sweaty hands, easier to hold etc....

Archived