Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ramps

bermudabob

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob,

I got mine from The Motorists Centre. 2.5 tonne ones, VERY similar to the halfords ones but almost half the price - £20.

There is a little overhang, but nothing too scary. I did a post about my cat removal, and in the post HERE there is a link to a download of instructions with pics of the ramps and wheels..(Im running 225 rears too)

<shamelessplug>I created the guide as someone requested it-my first attempt at mechanics- so would really appreciate it if a couple of people on here could look it over and check my advice isnt going to end up with someone damaging their car</shamelessplug> hth :rolleyes:

Bob,

I got mine from The Motorists Centre. 2.5 tonne ones, VERY similar to the halfords ones but almost half the price - £20.

There is a little overhang, but nothing too scary. I did a post about my cat removal, and in the post HERE there is a link to a download of instructions with pics of the ramps and wheels..(Im running 225 rears too)

<shamelessplug>I created the guide as someone requested it-my first attempt at mechanics- so would really appreciate it if a couple of people on here could look it over and check my advice isnt going to end up with someone damaging their car</shamelessplug> hth :rolleyes:

Think these are the ones (Marketed) by Sealey - have only found two sizes available off the shelf so to speak - the 2.5 tonnes being the widest and longest length ramp up.

Got myself a pair of ramps from a shop in Long Eaton - just popped in on the offchance. They also had a hydraulic jack that fits underneath the Elise too!

£20 for the ramps, £16 for the jack... lovely!

Scott, when i put old bangers, i meant everything from my first car at 17 ( MK 1 Ford Cortina, cost £50 IIRC ) to Triumph Heralds and even the delights of a MG Midget. Most of them spent more time on the ramps than off. So i have had a bit of practice. :drive: Yes i am an old so and so before you remind me :clap:

Scott, when i put old bangers, i meant everything from my first car at 17 ( MK 1 Ford Cortina, cost £50 IIRC ) to Triumph Heralds and even the delights of a MG Midget. Most of them spent more time on the ramps than off. So i have had a bit of practice.  :drive:  Yes i am an old so and so before you remind me  :D

Three years older than me, so clearly a senior moment Martin :clap:

Archived