litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stone Chips

WHOOSH

I paid £450 last year to have mine done. Mine was quite severly chipped. Some muppet hit the front of me and damaged the clam so he ended up paying £300 of it for me! Didn't realise at the time but he kind of did me a favour!!

The car looks SO much better now tho. Isn't armorfend £700 or £800??? I think i'd rarther have 2 resprays to be honest!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much for a front clam respray then?

Yvo from SELOC paid 6K Euro for his full respray so I am guessing around £300-£500

I'm about to pay £400 for mine at Paul's motor body repairs in Barwell, who happen to do spray jobs for Noble, who are just round the corner. The thing is by the time you add headlight covers, indicators and driving lamps, it gets quite expensive!

My black S1 elise naked, thousands of stone chips, got NW to armourfend front clam on my S2 prior to collection and it really has helped reduce the evidence of country lane detritus hitting the front clam.

Wish, I'd got the sills done and also the rear spoiler which always gets scratched puttting anything in the boot. Overall, big fan, and obviously on black car hardly noticeable.

John :blush:

Agree with Chris - the leading edges of the side pods and the front splitter could do with touching up.

The alloys have a few chips in the spokes, and the front is peppered with stone chips.

I just keep filling / touching up the bigger marks.

Will probably have to look at a respray next year unless I get shot before then......

*Note to self - Review post before submitting* :)

Reg - no I live just outside Derby. Am going to Nottingham on Saturday though so I guess it's always possible..... :D

Ladders - I should have added "before I get shot of the car".

Archived