litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got The Elise Replacement...

MattyB

;)

http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/album158

Picked it up off Ladders this afternoon (cheers!) and gave it a good clean :bye: Looks and goes well considering the clocks showing 180k, this is German engineering at its best - its as old as I am (almost...)!

Although I forgot to ask you how to open the boot...considering its got no locks!

Which means the Elise can go back up for sale now :) Time to start re-advertising!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I've just realised that you truely do need a second car to really appriciate the Elise...

Been driving mine now for 18 months, and it just becomes "ordinary" because its what your used to. But step away from it, then come back and you really appriciate how great it is...:clap:

nice one matt. lovely motor is the mk 1. definately agree with the 2nd car. having a beater is such a luxury after 2 years of everyday elise driving. i CANNOT wait to drive my new one.

How my week is going to be split in driving the beater/elise is yet to be decided. Got a feeling it will go something like this.

Monday - Elise (blow the cobwebs off)

Tuesday - Beater

Wednesday Elise (missing it after yesterdays farcical journey to work)

Thursday - Beater (cos im going to use the Elise on Friday_

Friday - Elise

Sat - Elise

Sunday - Elise

OK - so which one is the main car now ?? :(

Hey Scott - Me, Chris (Speedingfine), TomStickland, Steve_H and 2 others are off to Shropshire this Sunday (24th) if your interested in a little run out?

What in the Fiesta 1.3LX ?

Its the MLOC Worcs run, you traitor.... i cna't make that either for the same reason :(

:) I'm missing her already! :(

Glad it went to someone like you though Matt. I really didnt want it going to someone who was going to 'Chav' it up by putting neons and big F off DTM spoilers on it!

Everyone just said to sell it, dont bother about who buys it, once it's gone it's gone. Jut couldn't do that though!

It's funny though, when I first got it, it felt so fast. It also felt dead noisy when I put the K&N and Jetex Exhuast on. After the Elise though it felt very refined to drive, very quiet, but still handles really well on the corners. Is a lot slower though! :( , but faster than the MK2 GTI and Mk3 and Mk4 :)

Archived