litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Problem

SOUPS

not sure whats up with Lizzy, everytime i go away for 10days+ the batery suddely goes funny, it doenst go dead as the alarm is still on and i can turn on and off the lights. bought this battery new and i had it tested few times and no problem with it. :blink:.... garage suggetsed something to do with fan belt... had that sorted and still no joy. any ideas what it could be? when i start engine on, i can hear something ticking in the rear

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I had something similar - it happened to me when the battery was almost, but not completely empty. It doesn't mean the batteries dead, it just needs charging with an Optimate or something - I did, and its fine now.

10 days is pretty much the limit for leaving the elise without charging or driving it, I've found.

Leaving the alarm on drains the battery. For some reason it goes flat much quicker than a normal car.

If you have a garage then plug in a trickle charger, if not get yourself a solar powered trickle charger.

Archived