Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Seats Out!

daz f

Due to an unfortunate event at the weekend I know have to take out my seats :D

AND clean up the mess.

Has anyone done this?

Is it a hard job too do?

Is there anything I should Know before starting this job?

Cheers Daz

Please no p**s taking!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are multiple holes on the runners, just remember which one's the bolts were in. If you put them back into the wrong hole you'll end up bolting the seat back on with non-paralell runners and the seat slider won't work!

Bloody big bit of grit or something flew up and took out Daz's rear screen whilst we were on our way to Wales on Sat :unsure: I was following and didn't see it happen until Jo started frantically pointing and waving from the pasenger seat. Sorry again for not helping when you pulled over Daz - still didn't realise what the problem was at that point mate (i've always been a bit slow :D )

My rear screen just went pop! dont know wether it was a stone that flew in or what. I personally dont think it was a stone just one of them things that comes with owning a Lotus.

This happened about an hour into the Wales run :unsure: But still carried on and kept up, just with glass sliding about in the car. TWAS a horrible noise just meant the car had to have more stick to drown it out. :D

So know am about to take the seats out. And am searching for a poly carb rear screen.

There are multiple holes on the runners, just remember which one's the bolts were in. If you put them back into the wrong hole you'll end up bolting the seat back on with non-paralell runners and the seat slider won't work!

What are all the different holes for ? I only had my car a week and noticed the drivers seat isn't straight, and because I am quite short and have to have the seat forward, the seat catches on the transmission tunnel is this normal? : :D

What are all the different holes for ? I only had my car a week and noticed the drivers seat isn't straight, and because I am quite short and have to have the seat forward, the seat catches on the transmission tunnel is this normal? : :D

I noticed the other day that my seat isn't straight but just haven't got round to checking out why yet,still to busy trying to get the f***ing boot open. :(

Daz,

You will need....

A long allen key at least 12 inches(oo-er)

Some blu tack,to hold the seat bolts when putting them back in.

Some dyna mat or similar,to fit under your seats when out,stops coins rattling when you drop then under the seats,and makes a hell of a difference to the resonance from the floor pan,

The "T" pieces fit in the seat runners with the top of the "T" facing the rear bulkhead(these always fall out when you lift the seat)

And don't cross thread the allen bolts when you put them back in as this is a costly problem to solve.

HTH

Regards

Jon

ps,I was the ginger bloke with glasses who was having a nose on Saturday,bad luck but it does happen :blink:

Cheers Folks!

The seats came out and went back in no problem was quite an easy job after marking the holes, and the right tools. (and the roof off :blink: )

I think I must now have one of the cleanest interiors around :P All in all worked out quite well after my little play on Black Rock Sands, would of never got it all out.

Archived