litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Harvey & Lottie @ Bedford

HRT

Well after many requests of 'Dad can I come on track with you' from my eldest daughter Lottie, last Friday at Bedford was her chance.

photo1-1.jpg

So wearing her mother's helmet off we went with one house, (car) rule - whatever you do, being sick in Dad's car would not be viewed favourably.

No need to worry on that front, she sat there as calm as you like for the whole evening, only getting out of the car when her Dad needed water - boy it was hot work.

Well how did the S1 compare to my old Exige S - surprisingly around 4 seconds a lap quicker despite being two up and running an ultra close ratio gear box, 7000rpm at 120 mph at the end of the long straight - ouch.

Good to see so many Lotus owners taking their car on track for the 1st time, there is no better place to do it.

Here are some laps of me on best behaviour and if you look closely at around 4:30 you'll see Mr Palmer going home at the end of a long day in his helicopter.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvey, quality driving and video. I do like to see a man use all the track and then some. In all the S1 Exige ive been in the aero pack really seems to make a substantial difference to the road holding in corners. They seem to hang on far better than any Elise. Maybe its my driving though. What do you think ?

Harvey, quality driving and video. I do like to see a man use all the track and then some. In all the S1 Exige ive been in the aero pack really seems to make a substantial difference to the road holding in corners. They seem to hang on far better than any Elise. Maybe its my driving though. What do you think ?

Rumour has it Martin that it all does do something besides make the car look some what aggressive.

If you go up a few levels to Con's projectile with the big wing, diffuser and splitter, oh an the rocket in the back, your into another league all together.

Same theory though Harvey. In Cons i would end up a lot further into the undergrowth when i run out of talent.

:D

Did you have a noise issue ? Also do you run a cat ? I love Bedford but im not sure i would pass the noise test.

Martin 93.dB at 4000k static test - dip your bread!

2ubular 24" x 8" and a Lotus sport flexi pipe for a cat

In the car all you can hear is the induction noise from the throttle bodies and oh what a noise:rolleyes:

Same theory though Harvey. In Cons i would end up a lot further into the undergrowth when i run out of talent.

:D

Did you have a noise issue ? Also do you run a cat ? I love Bedford but im not sure i would pass the noise test.

Fairly good at maths Martin let me demonstrate;

8000k in a K series will eventually = £X in a new K series engine

This will end up being an Audi conversion @ (£X)5

£5X will cost me my family 'jewels' if Karen got wind :blush:

End of maths lesson.

It could also have something to do with the fact that we got to Bedford late, and no sooner had we got the car off the trailer, it had to be noise tested at about 60 Oc so I aired on the side of caution

;)

Hold up Harvey. The static noise test is 2/3 of full revs. 2/3 of 7.8 K is not 4 K. Are your maths dodgy. Or did you tell fibs ?

:lol:

Harvey, now i understand.

:)

When i did Snetterton, the noise tester knew exactly what mine revved to and made me rev it to 5.8k. This was no problem as the limit is 105 db there. However when i lifted off after the backfire nearly blew him out the paddock.

:rolleyes:

Now that I'd have paid to see Martin.

Just out of interest, mine has not back fired / popped or banged since the Emerald and 2ubular were fitted - not sure if that is a good or bad thing

Harvey, now i understand.

:)

When i did Snetterton, the noise tester knew exactly what mine revved to and made me rev it to 5.8k. This was no problem as the limit is 105 db there. However when i lifted off after the backfire nearly blew him out the paddock.

:rolleyes:

Not sure what it was Jay except a 3 series without an interior that smoked a bit.

He was taking it very seriously on the 3 sighting laps weaving F1 style warming up his tyres.

If you look closely, he was on 3 wheels for the last two bends - top effort.

Archived