litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Takuma: We Seemed To Be Missing Something

Mark H

Lotus-KV Racing Technology IZOD IndyCar Series rookie Takuma Sato was seventeenth in qualifying at Infineon Raceway on Saturday ahead Sunday's Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma.

The Formula One veteran, who has already made it into the Firestone Fast Six three times this year, recorded a speed of 106.687 mph in the #5 Lotus - KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara/Firestone entry.

Sato leaped to fourth early on in the qualifying session but, like his team-mate E.J. Viso, was bumped from a top-six position and failed to advance to the next round.

“I am very disappointed. We seemed to be missing something fundamental. We couldn't find the right balance and grip out there,” Takuma explained.

“When I changed to the alternate (red) tyre, I was able to get better grip but that was irrelevant because the rest of the field also improved. We will go over all the data tonight now and prepare for warm-up and the race tomorrow,” he concluded.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived