litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Light On Alarm

mollydog

Got myself one of those buzzers to let you know if you've left your lights on. It only has two wires, and comes with pretty simple instructions (too simple).

If I want it to buzz when the ignition is switched to the off position, then feed both wires to the fuse box and RED wire to the headlight fuse and the BLUE wire to the ignition fuse.

If I want it to buzz when I open the door then RED wire to the headlight fuse and BLUE wire to the door-contact wire (they mean the wire to the door micro switch). This is the route I want to take, so I'm asking, is there a need for me to take the red wire all the way to the fuse box at the front of the car? can I achieve the same thing by connecting the red wire to one of the wires on the light switch on the dash?

If I can, which wire/colur on the switch do I connect to? and as for the blue wire, what colour wire am I looking for coming from the door micro-switch? I have also been told that it can be connected to the cig lighter and needs a diode

1sfms8.jpg

showing the coin for scale

only cost £2.99 from a local motor factor

Many thanks for any help

cesare

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived