28th - 30th June 2024

Are These Any Good?

SpoonZ

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheers, may aswell invest at that price

any recomendations for axle stands?

Saw this ages ago, and not taking the p•ss!

Some one just bought 4 boxes of A4 paper, jacked the car up and put these underneath!

TBH I think I'd rather do that than use axle stands, would spread the load over more of the chassis!

Spoonz,

I did the whole driving onto bits of wood for a while and found it a bit of a pain, so searched all over the place for a reasonably priced, low entry jack.

Fianally bought a 3 tonner from Halfords (sharp intake of breath!)

It's really not that bad and isn't exactly stressed by lifting a Liz.

I look the wheels off (off the jack that is!) and the saddle and it slides under my S1 with LSS a treat.

Can't remember how much I paid but it really wasn't very expensive £20-30 or something. It's bright yellow by the way, so you can't miss it in the shop. They do two models, the 3 tonner has a lower min entry.

Hope it helps

Dunc

cheers, may aswell invest at that price

any recomendations for axle stands?

Saw this ages ago, and not taking the p•ss!

Some one just bought 4 boxes of A4 paper, jacked the car up and put these underneath!

TBH I think I'd rather do that than use axle stands, would spread the load over more of the chassis!

yeah, i heard this as well

was it 60g/m or 80g/m :D

its £15 a box though

*goes to office stationary cuprboard*

Archived