litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Benefits Of A Hurricane?

MarkH

Thinking of getting a Hurricane induction kit at Donny this week end as I've read so much about them BUT...

I've got a S1 with a de cat pipe which is really loud -

will the Hurricane make much difference to the noise (already need to get it checked for track days)?

Will it improve performance significantly?

Other benefits / drawbacks????

Cheers

Mark :drive:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put my Hurricane on before the de-cat pipe and it made the exhaust note louder on acceleration. Also get a sucking sound as the air is drawn in through the side vent.

However after de-catting can't really distinguish what is the Hurrican and what is the de-cat pipe in terms of noise, it's just lovely together.

Hurricane ditches the old heavy induction for goodlooking, light noisy induction.

I think everyone agrees it's a worthwhile investment.

:)

Performance is 5bhp at best but probably nothing.

No drawbacks as far as I can see.

I think the "performance" gains are pretty minimal (2-3bhp), so there are things that are better value in terms of BHP/£..

Ive got a pipercross cone filter(not cold air) and could really notice it when I had the Magnex exhaust + decat. Really kicked in and growled at 3-4k revs. Now that Ive got the new Eliseparts exhaust+decat(its blody loud :) ), I cant really notice it much if at all.

Probably depend on what exhaust youre running..hth

Id agree, especially as i bought solobutt's magnex.....!!!!!!!!!, combined with a de-cat pipe and a hurricane it all sounds lovely together, not sure of the performance gains but it feels lively enough

With a decent sports exhaust the only person who's going to hear it is your passenger especially if the window is down and the door open :D

I think it does make some difference more at the top end though.

Logically it should be better than all that pile of rubbish that you have to remove to fit it :D

Too late now, but the actual performance gains are minimal as stated, the sucking noise is all good.

I certainly don't notice the noise of it, but it does seem to rev a bit more freely at the top end.

Buy one :D

Hurricane is not a Dynatwist - its probably a copy. The Hurricane was designed and developed by Yvo at Elise-Shop in the Netherlands.

You can fit a decat to any exhaust as the pipe diameter should be the same.

Archived