litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Advice On Camping / Touring France Please

Greg.g

Greg

I have found the best thing to do is pick a country you want to go to. Then go to a big city book store like Dillon or Waterstones and take a look at the Michelin maps (The bigger stores will have all of them in stock)...

Start with the 1/400.000 and look for good drivers roads, Mountains or hills are always a good option for drivers roads... but there are some great road to also be had on the flat areas as well. Then when you have found them see if they also have 1/200.000 for a better view..

I have found the Michelin maps to be the best.. I have looked at the 'Insight travel Map' range and don't find them any where near as good..

Some tips that might help you when using Michelin Maps:

Green Lines edging roads means ‘Scenic Route’. See Picture below...

Red Lines under place names means, ‘A place with at least one hotel’ . See Picture below... These will be in Michelin Guide or on their web site.

The Michelin Website is also very good for planning your route. It is free but you will have to register.. It has lots of hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions. See.

http://www.viamichelin.com/

Mixed with a few Google searches you should have a good trip..

Hope that helps

Jamie

post-152-1110916485.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived