Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Advice On Camping / Touring France Please

Greg.g

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Greg

I guess Snapper does not really like camping... In my experience just about every town and village has a campsite. If you go in high season (first two weeks of August i think) the coastal sites are full but move inland a mile or so and you are ok.

Most sites have decent showers, loos etc. Bigger ones have swimming pools and supermarkets. Never really had a problem finding somewhere to stay. Yes the B&B's are nice but they are more expensive? You pay your money and take your choice as they say.

On the packing side I would say take your clothes etc in lots of small bags. Loads of room in the boot, behind seats and in front of the footrest,

Last year toured Scotland with tent, sleeping mats, walking gear, rucksacks, ordinary clothes etc. Still had room to take the roof off.

Doing France again this year but on bikes? Can you put a MLOC sticker on a mountain bike?

Hope this helps

Dave

Good god snapper! Thats it... my minds made up B):D

The trip will definately be on after seeing those photos.

Just have to make my mind up now regarding accomodation.

As far as breakdown cover is concerned, i am with green flag, so i will have to give them a call regarding european cover.

Does anyone know of any guide books or dvd's on touring france / europe ?

If i am going to do this, then i want to make sure that i find good overnight accomodation / camping and the most entertaining roads :fu:

Thanks for all the advice.

Archived