litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Wiper Blades

tazbaz69

my wiper blade has perished over time and useage and i was wondering where you all get your replacements from? I have been to halfords to see the range of Bosch units to find they do not make a blade for the Elise.

I have not rang Storm as i,m guessing i would be paying well over the odds for a simple bit of rubber. :D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can hang on til Donny you will get one from there. A few S1 users switch to the S2 type which is supposedly better. I tend not to drive in the rain much tho !

Scott wrote that £45 was supplied and fitted though, so you are probably right with the dealer parts price only.

I reckon you have to replace the blade annually if you don't want any smears (due to the length of the blade and the curvature of the screen giving it a hard time on the Elise). I replaced my blade for an S2 unit last year and whilst it is still OK, it's nothing like as good as it was new. Any unreplaced S1 blades will all be completely crap by now whether they were any good when new or not!

Archived