litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Front Clam Removal

snowman

Morning guys & gals...

Had a slight altercation last night with what can only be termed as a boulder in the middle of the road. I was in traffic moving along then bang... from underneath of the car in front appears this rock.. damage to the side of the number plate, hole in clam...

So, how easy is the clam to remove and does anyone have any information on how to do it???

Cheers

Waz :lol:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Jon..

Scott.. got a 'friend' who can carry out the repair but would not like to leave the car there over night!!!! remove the clam have the front repaired and fully resprayed.. at the right 'mates' price!!!

easy as anthing to remove, just take off the front bonnet, then u have allen studs which u remove round the channel left over from the bonnet removel. then u need to really remove the arch liners and there will be more allen studs there to remove in the arch itself, also remove the front part of undertray and then it should come away from car, ideal to have mate to help u lift it off as it can get fiddly on ur own. i had it off my car b4 on my own in under 30 mins easy

opps maybe i should pay more attention and notice it said s2 :D

Waz do you still need to remove the clam? I've done mine on my old elise (S2) a couple of times, it didn't take me half an hour but it is quite easily doable. I suppose it took me a couple of hours in total to remove, and another couple of hours to refit. Interesting stuff anyway. Give me a shout if you need a bit of a hand, I even have a partly broken clam in my garage if you want to see where the fixings are from the other side :-)

It really pisses me off how the fibreglass tears when it's just shown anything of any substance, if I ever buy a new elise I'd be very tempted when Lotus finally conform to crash test rules in the states which mean that the car needs to withstand a 5mph bump with no damage- I know the car will be heavier but it would be worth it to me in fibreglass repairs alone.

HTH

Davey... :angry:

Took the beast to 'mates' and he had a good look around... seems he can sort it all out without removing the clam.. :)

So next weekend off to lend a hand making the tea while the guys work their magic!!!

Cheers

:drive:

Archived