litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Please Help - Donny Show

Scott_Mac

As most of you probably know I am a Director on SELOC, we are appearing at this years show (so do wander over and say hi :P), we could do with a touch of assistance regarding cars. This years theme is the 10th Anniversary of the Lotus Elise.

At present we need:

Lotus 7 (or caterham if no Lotus7)

Very standard Early S1 Elise (MMC's, alli boot etc)

S1 Exige

340R

111R

The question has been posted on SELOC also, but seen as we are more locally based to the show it might be easier.

The cars will be required to be on site at 8pm on friday evening and until 5pm on the Sunday. They will be kept secure overnight.

Obviously we will be most grateful for any assistance offered. All cars are indoors and on a stand that is manned for the entire show so will never be unattended. Last year they remained locked so no issues with marks to interior.

I know we have a couple of owners on here, so it'd be very much appreciated if you could help.

Its the first big Lotus event of the year and i know many of you are coming down... so please if you aren't do come and have a look - its a great palce to get cheap bits for your car :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the dates Scott? I have car number 27 according to the VIN so a very early one with MMC's and alli boot lid. Car is standard apart from the exhaust and in immaculate condition.

Gonna be extremely busy in the next couple of months, but if I can help... Put me down as a maybe at the moment until I can get some more details and check dates etc...

Steve.

Yes please Waz :P

You could answer your bloody PM too!!!!!!!!!

Mark, i believe we have a slightly larger stand, i know it wasn't big enough last time really, we shall see. Not too fussed about them being totally stanadard - admit yours is heavily modified, but hey if we get totally stuck, would you be interesting in helping still?

Mark, i believe we have a slightly larger stand, i know it wasn't big enough last time really, we shall see. Not too fussed about them being totally stanadard - admit yours is heavily modified, but hey if we get totally stuck, would you be interesting in helping still?

If I get to put Lotus On Track Stickers all over it :blink:

Hi Scott,

Well, the batteries all done now (45 minutes and no skinned nuckles!) and I've checked with SWMBO and we are free on the Donny weekend. So, yep count us in. Looking forward to it now.

Let me know some more details then... Do I need a pass to get the car in? Are there cleaning facilities, cos it will be a bit dirty after the trek there? Do you need any info on the car to display on the stand? Anything else I should know?

Cheers,

Steve.

:drive:

Have you found a S1 Exige yet ? Mine may be available for that weekend. It's a pretty tidy LRG/ Gold wheels version with unique green alcantara interior.

Think some of you guys have seen it, it was in the car park at last years show.

Hi Scott,

Do you remember in my original post I mentioned that I should be able to do it but was likely to be busy in the next couple of months?? Well, this morning I had a call from the Estate agents and the keys to our house will probably be due for collection on the......18th March :unsure: (but) :clap:

I'm not sure where this leaves us. This is only a provisional date at the moment but as you can imagine on the weekend that I get the keys to my first house I'm most likely to want to spend my time there and it wouldn't be a popular decision with SWMBO for me to keep disappearing for hours at a time. As it's only provisional, it's also likely to change meaning that I could possibly help you out.

What I don't want to do is to leave you stuck last minute if the house move comes off. :D I really really wanted to do this and already started to polish the car up over the weekend. Do you have any other volunteers for an early S1? If so as much as I'd rather participate I suggest you go with them due to the uncertainty at the moment with me.

Sorry to have to do this Scott... :(

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve,

No probs mate, sorry for the late reply i'm actually soaking up the sun in Portugal. Good luck with the new house! Be good to see you at the show still though :clap:

Rob, i think we may be changing the car line up now, as we have sturggled to get standard cars, i'll keep you in mind if we do go with the original plan - if the offer still stands?

Thanks for the help folks.

Scott - off to drink more beer by the pool :unsure:

Archived