litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Prices Getting Lower

tazbaz69

I personally love the S1 Elise and If I didn’t have it I would go for an Elan SE :D , the S2 just doesn’t do it for me, with black plastic every where :D , the S2 Exige has got the lovely metal grills like the S1 which makes it look nice too

But look at all the best classic sports cars; they all have nice round lights like the S1 :drive:

Which is why people still love it, I’m not saying that the S2 is a bad car it has improved over the s1 in lots of ways

Which has helped s1 owners with there Suspension, etc, etc :D

Remember they were only making around 1,000 in the first years and then moved on to 3,000 a year of the s1

And are now make 10,000 a year of the S2

Which make the S1 less common too, it all helps the price of the S1 :D

Disco

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wierd isn't it the S1 just doesn't float my boat, yet i think the best Elise is the S1 111S! Wouldn't have one though saving for an Exige (S2 of course!):drive:

I suppose once you start mass producing cars (in Lotus terms anyway) their desirability starts to slip abit along with the residuals.

Jez

In the context of this thread (S1 values V S2 values)....

Anyone give me a rough idea what my S1 is worth now???

Elise S1

Norfolk Mustard

X reg (Sep 2000)

18K miles

1 previous owner

Full LSH

Immaculate condition

Bod standard

Cheers,

Ian

depends where you sell it, when and if you are willing to hold out.

I'd say you'd get 12k on the forums and mayte 12.5 on the autotrader.

Is that what you thought ?

To be honest, I thought about a grand (at least) more than that.

I thought the number of owners (2), low miles and the fact it is one of the very last of the S1's, would put it near to the top of the S1 prices.

I was only asking out of general interest, as I am not planning on selling it anytime soon.

Many thanks,

Ian

Its the depreciation hit.

To put into perspective - there was an immaculate FLSH S1 111s in Chrome Orange on autotrader with 17k miles on for £13250.

Just check autotrader for comparisons. S2's are going for 14.5 now with 20k miles :blink:

It's a good job I'm holding onto (and enjoying) it then!

By the time I come to sell it, hopefully the prices will have reached a bottom limit and I will at least be near the top of 'whatever' they are going for.

By that time, I will more than of had my moneys worth.

Cheers,

Ian

Its the depreciation hit.

To put into perspective - there was an immaculate FLSH S1 111s in Chrome Orange on autotrader with 17k miles on for £13250.

Just check autotrader for comparisons.  S2's are going for 14.5 now with 20k miles  :blink:

Having disliked it when it first came out, I've got to say the S2 has grown on me to the point that I prefer it styling-wise to my S1.

In years to come I reckon Std S1's and S2's will be worth similar amounts (being based more on condition/history), although early MMC with all ally uprights etc will probably command more value due to their purist nature.

To be honest, I thought about a grand (at least) more than that.

I thought the number of owners (2), low miles and the fact it is one of the very last of the S1's, would put it near to the top of the S1 prices.

I was only asking out of general interest, as I am not planning on selling it anytime soon.

Many thanks,

Ian

IMHO you cant take much notice of autotrader either. a car is only worth what someone will pay for it and having just sold 2 cars I can honestly say that neither compared to prices displayed on their.

truth the selling market is really really awful at the moment on all vehicles

i agree. you cant rely on the prices on the autrotrader - but if anything they are over-valued and not under-valued. Whatever it is up you there is a massive amount of bartering when buying an elise especially if it is a run of the mill average mileage, average condition, average elise.

These days i put my cars up at a price that id sensibly pay myself and not take any offers. I learnt that off the guy i bought my s2k off. it was up for a real steal - and i went thinking i could knock him down more - he didnt budge a penny and was ready to drive the car away after cleaning it all morning for me !

couldn't believe it ! still bought it tho out of admiration for his negotiation skills :unsure:

Archived