litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Moto Concept Throttle Body

mambosasa

Has anyone come across Moto Concept's racing throttle body? Is it any better than the 'usual' upgrade of the 160 TB?

According to their claim, it offers "significantly higher air flow rate -- up 30% more! The mechanisms do not open linear, as seen in the original, instead, addresses the valve progressively" :angry:

http://www.moto-concept.de/en/autos/lotus/...p?item_id=15229

post-590-1109603107.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

€510,00 :ninja: You can get DTH throttle boddies for near that figure.

Liked the bit about getting definite increases in power and torque by flawless flow. No figures I see, or guarantees.

Waste of cash :clap:

DanS160 is selling some DTHTB's and an Airbox on SELOC - £700 i think.

Not sure about the programmable ECU, obviously its recommended, but i'm not sure its essential. He is however also selling an Emerald :drive:

DanS160 is selling some DTHTB's and an Airbox on SELOC - £700 i think.

Not sure about the programmable ECU, obviously its recommended, but i'm not sure its essential. He is however also selling an Emerald :D

Thanks for that. I see that eliseparts are now offering a 2.3L Duratek conversion for 6K+VAT! 220bhp stock (possible 280+ tuned). :D no added weight. Got me thinking anyway...

Check out the BBS thread.

http://www.british-cars.co.uk/cgi-bin/gen5...021421120420546

This is for mambosasa

My Tivver has:-

"Almost" DTH injection (common rail) with a close coupled air plenum with trumpets:-

In the Plenum a TPS, a single large bore throttle body,

Beyond the TB/Plenum, pipework, an air flow meter, and an ECU (std) knowing whats going on.

It's not perfect by far, but I'm happy with 285BHP (factory figures) from a V8 of 40 year old origin that can still hoof the odd Elise !

The expansion of the base induction is beyond ANY Elise for the money.

You want to know more, speak to an expert, MIKE FOSTER at Horizon Motorsport, he knows what hes talking about on performance.

Bob

Archived