litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Camera / Radar Detectors

lesstatt

I've got the Snooper S6-R neo in my work car. It works great apart from sometimes picking up camera's on roads close by, but I'd rather have too many warnings than none at all. The laser/radar unit is a seperate unit so it's a bit of a pain. Was doing 90 down the A14 one sunday morning (Where it crosses the A1) and the lazer bit went bezerk. Hit the brakes very quickly and then saw the van behind a tree, never got a fine and that was almost a year ago. I read though that a lazer needs less than a second to get a reading?

Is the Origin that oval shaped one with the blue background that i see so many of nowadays? It also seems every guy and his dog has a PDA/XDA with TomTom and a GPS receiver stuck to the windscreen. Combine that with the camera database and you've got a good solution.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well thanks a fecking lot you guys !

my account has been drained of further funds sitting under keyword 'Lotus'

On the plus side - it might save my already dirty licence. :(

Road Angel Classic just purchased - anyone got one ? and does anyone know what they don't detect ?

I purchased a Road Angel 2 three monthes ago and find it very usefull the only thing that i'm not sure about is the laser detector thats built in not so sure if i trust it. Has anyone tried a laser diffuser and were do you stand with the law as i have been told that if it's turned off when they pull you they cannot do ya. :drive::(:PB)

the laser detectors are a waste of time from what iv read. they only tell u when youve got shot or are just about to get shot. diffusers or jammers however bounce the laser back at the policeman not being allowed to get a reading for 5 secs or something giving u time to slow down.

they can be used for a remote garage door as jonathan says.

this is taking the piss now - no way am i buying a remote garage door !

NOt stricltly true with Laser Diffuser, the free things that come OB2, RA2 etc work as you say Malbon... a proper Laser Diffuser SLD920 or whatever it is, works by blocking the signal so they can't get a reading, they are illegal though but do work.

I've been using the Micro Road Pilot for over 6 months now and this is great, it comes with a laser detector.

I was tempted to get a laser diffuser (as I have a fancy garage door opener I have an excuse :tup:) but tbh the cost is quite prohibative, and I jump between the Exige, MGZR and the X-Trail so much it kind of defeats the object, imagine how pissed you would be to get caught in the car it isn't fitted too!

I haven't got a fancy garage door opener,actually I haven't even got a garage ;) but I'm seriously considering getting one anyway :tup:

The cops like the laser up in Welsh Wales.

I wonder if you did get stopped by the cops,and gave them the "its a plastic car and thats probably why your having problems getting a readout" routine,that you might get away with it!

MMmmm, more money to be spent on the car I suppose.

Regards

Jon

Archived