litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Mods Do You Declare?

Nick gee

Just ringing round to get insurance on my car and was wondering what mods i have to declare.

At the moment i tell them about the sports exhaust and the K&N filter.Do i also need to declare the upgraded suspension and wheels?

I don't want any come backs if the worse happens.

I suppose i've just answered my own question really but would appreciate thoughts/advice anyway.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to be safe than sorry... is it worth saving £50 by not declaring and having a claim rejected.

I doubt wheels will make any difference, if the suspension doesn't change ride height then don't worry - if its S2 stuff, then its less of an issue as it is the approved Lotus replacement...

FWIW i have all of my mods declared, and Eggar Lawson didn't care, their comment was "just don't add nitrous!"

:)

Better to be safe than sorry... is it worth saving £50 by not declaring and having a claim rejected.

I doubt wheels will make any difference, if the suspension doesn't change ride height then don't worry - if its S2 stuff, then its less of an issue as it is the approved Lotus replacement...

FWIW i have all of my mods declared, and Eggar Lawson didn't care, their comment was "just don't add nitrous!"

:)

Have you got their phone number Scott?

I am insured on all my cars with http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk and for those who had modified your cars they are a dream.

Unlimited mileage, any mod covered for no increase in premium at all (bar re-bore, but that's the only one), they don't care how many points you've got, where you park, and were the cheapest for my by over £2k.

I'm driving an Esprit and a higly highly modded Saxo, err and a bedford rascal A Team van. Worth a look perhaps.

I've not claimed (thankfully) so have no experience of their handling this side of the business, however they are a huge company so would have some confidence in them.

Archived