litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Worth Upgrading To 02 Pda For Gps?

Ladders

I've had my Sony Ericson phone with 02 for just over a year now.

I want to upgrade it, and looking at one of their leaflets in-store I see you can get Tom Tom Navigator for their 02 PDA

O2 PDA

Has anyone used this PDA? Is it any good? Would it be worth me exchanging to it so I can have in-car GPS rather than buying a seperate PDA and then buying all the GPS equipment?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the XDA II phone/pda unit offered by O2. I have had it for some 6 months now and its the best 'multi-tool' I have ever had. I have been able to sync my diaries, contacts, notes etc, take pictures and movies and wonders of wonders, I can make calls too. The only down side is that the unit itself is a lot larger than you would think and can get a little cumbersome.

With regards to TomTom, I previously had it on a stand alone PDA and it was very good. Ensure that the one offering is the bluetooth version and I believe the software is its third version.

I hope that helps.

Bis.

Cheers Guys!

Think that could be the option to go for then. Will help with my useless memory and from getting lost as well! :wacko:

Bis, just wondering, do you need a special bizz contract to run it on 02?

Cheers! :lol:

Cheers Guys!

Think that could be the option to go for then.  Will help with my useless memory and from getting lost as well! :)

Bis, just wondering, do you need a special bizz contract to run it on 02?

Cheers! :)

Ladders

You dont need a business contract to have an XDA but if you can get one I would. I have a business contract in my name but the invoices were originally delivered to my office (then moved to my home). The deal I got was £17pm rental, free XDA 2, free case headset etc and 6 months free line rental. Dont know if that offer is still available but there is always a similar one. I used BT for the contract.

Oh and by the way, DO get a PDA/Phone combo today. They are superb. They are a little large but get a £29 bluetooth headset and the phone just sits in your pocket.

But Bob, if you don't the PDA ends up losing charge and you have to re-install software etc.. v.irritating.

Its precisely because you can get them combined now that i am considering getting one... but i'm going for the real cool one:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=117328

Smaller than a normal PDA so you feel less of a tit talking into it... but fully functional as both. Don't worry if you haven't heard of them... they actually make the XDA :)

I have the XDA II phone/pda unit offered by O2.  I have had it for some 6 months now and its the best 'multi-tool' I have ever had.  I have been able to sync my diaries, contacts, notes etc, take pictures and movies and wonders of wonders, I can make calls too.  The only down side is that the unit itself is a lot larger than you would think and can get a little cumbersome.

With regards to TomTom, I previously had it on a stand alone PDA and it was very good.  Ensure that the one offering is the bluetooth version and I believe the software is its third version.

I hope that helps.

Bis.

No, you do'nt need a business account, but as Ryan was saying, you my be able to get a better deal that way. PDA phones are soo advanced now that its pointless to have a phone and a separate PDA, if you need both IMHO. Good luck in making a choice as there are so many cool ones out there.

Bis.

I have been using one for ages (brought from expansys). Sync's with exchange2003 and I have tom tom software and a bluetooth gps device....all works fine but would suggest a bluetooth headset to stop you looking like a tit with it against you face.

Ben

I have been using one for ages (brought from expansys). Sync's with exchange2003 and I have tom tom software and a bluetooth gps device....all works fine but would suggest a bluetooth headset to stop you looking like a tit with it against you face.

Ben

Just look like leutenant Uhura from Start Trek instead :)

Did anyone get fed up of carrying round a PDA instead of a phone?

If I can I'll use my old phone for when I'm going out etc

This is why the iMate one i posted the link to appeals... its smaller than a PDA, slightly larger than your average phone and a little heavier. But its fully functional as both - its great!

Ben

Just look like leutenant Uhura from Start Trek instead :)

Or a Beemer driving tw@! ;)

Archived