litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Parts & Accessories

ALCHBY

I've Recenly purchased a Lotus S1 and have been researching Air Filters & Induction Kits, can anyone tell me what one to recommend as there are so many different sorts out there.

Alos my Lotus elise came with a hard top but no Soft top can anyone point me in the direction of picking up a second hand one with all brackets.

Thanks,

Alan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone will say HURRICANE!

but I am sure someone who has one will be along shortly (I have the K+N which I am happy with)

As for your roof, downer matey, they will be quite costly new.....

Welcome to the fold, ENJOY!

I might be biting off more than I can chew making this statement here but here goes. Remember, my Elise knowledge is limited - so humour me!

The original makers of the Elan soft top are (after a name change) Trim Technology, based in Coventry. I have had numerous dealings with these people - they're sound.

They have been approached by Brown & Gammons (http://www.ukmgparts.com/index1.html?o=110864446815220) an aftermarket sports car supplier, to produce an aftermarket soft top for the S2 Elise, which they have done by reverse engineering a jig from a car.

The tops will use the car's original metal tightening bracket (does this make sense - means FA to me!)

I've been asked to put the feelers out about interest in these tops; they'll be available, for MLOC members only, direct from Trim Tech (thereby cutting out the middle man), they'll come in Black, Green, Red and Blue and cost us/you about £120 + VAT.

Archived