litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Looking For A Good Samaritan.....

Nick gee

£13K's a lot to pay for a car with those defects unless it's very low mileage (neither of you said). From a dealer, £12,500 with a warranty or £12K private/without warranty - tops. Maybe less: those with yellow cars adore them, but they are often harder to shift.

In fact definitely less. What's the story on the export & re-import? Golden opportunity to shed some history - you should hope to have copies of every receipt.

Hi Graeme.

The car is on a "T" plate (1999) and has done 29,851 miles and is advertised on autotrader.Like yourself i thought it sounded a little expensive which is why i was in two minds to make the trip to see it. Thanks to Scott mac (what a star ;) )i now don't have to bother as i've decided to leave it.

If anyone knows of a "good un" for sale and it is within a reasonable distance of Nottingham please let me know.

Nick.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hold me to it as im still in the early stages of investigation but mine might be for sale come sunday

Not sure what kind of price we're talking yet - im guessing higher than 13 though ?

You've got the spec. Still got to do some snorting around first before i can confirm - but don't rush in to the market quite yet if you fancy a nice car with a **free mloc sticker** ;)

Don't hold me to it as im still in the early stages of investigation but mine might be for sale come sunday

Not sure what kind of price we're talking yet - im guessing higher than 13 though ?

You've got the spec.  Still got to do some snorting around first before i can confirm - but don't rush in to the market quite yet if you fancy a nice car with a **free mloc sticker**  ;)

Sounds good to me...the sticker i mean :D

Keep me posted malbon,definately interested if i can afford it.Be gentle with me i've also got my wedding to pay for this year and "er indoors" is going through my cash like it's going out of fashion. :(

will do !

bit of advice though and im sure other owners will say it.

Best to pay a little bit more for a sorted car than to get a cheaper bargain and pay 2k's worth of maintenance 3 months down the line. Your halfway there though as you know to get Mike at Horizon to give it the once over. That's worth a grand alone when as individual (and like me) you might miss a leaking damper..broken manifold..a few ball joints and a knocking steering rack.

ill keep you posted !

Archived