litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Would U Swap ?

tazbaz69

i,ve had car back 5 days now, considering my car was Cat D and repaired and has 54500 on R reg 97 i,ve been offered 2 cash sales and a swap on a 323 SE in silver on V reg 2000, with M3 alloys and FSH at 61k at mo. Would u keep the elise or would u swap for the BM??? :blush:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look at www.parkers.co.uk

Your Elise and the Beemer seem to come in at roughly the same price. Probably sell the Beemer again easier maybe ?

Just depends what you want. Personally, I'd keep the Elise as I wouldn't be seen dead in any BMW !

i was wondering weather the BM would be worth more as my elise being crashed and repaired Cat D?? i wouldn,t normally consider a BM to be honest, its just the fact i thought maybe i was getting a better deal and maybe sell the BM and get better elise :blush:

I reckon the Elise is worth between £7k and £7.5k, so if the beemer books much higher than that and isn't on the list, I'd swap and sell it !!

I'd agree that from the financial point of view you'd probably be on to a winner. You could buy a newer Elise for example. You don't want to become a BMW driver though - you'll lose all your indicating skills and become a fugitive of the highways.... :P

Although it pains me to say it, from a purely financial point of view I also agree, consider the BMW if its clean.

Would be interesting to know what a Lotus main dealer would give you in part-ex for the BM, Nick Whales have recently had BMW's on their forecourt.

As long as you trade it on immediately, and don't even register it, you should be immune form becomming an arrogant certain type of driver, and people will still talk to you! :D

John :P

I'd agree that from the financial point of view you'd probably be on to a winner. You could buy a newer Elise for example. You don't want to become a BMW driver though - you'll lose all your indicating skills and become a fugitive of the highways.... :D

trust me i don,t want to get rid of elise, i,m only looking at it from the finacial side where as i can sell this car and like u say, buy newer elise with less miles, and not on Cat D. i could never be a proper BM driver, i got that mean streak in me that likes to go to fast in corners :P

do it.

but dont keep it.

well. you wont keep it anyway after youve driven it.

Have you driven a 323. They are an absolute gutless dog of a car !

Only 3 series to have are 330ci upwards

very true mate, i drove it yesterday and i know wat u mean, i wondered if there had lost a few rats under the bonnet, didn,t seam to go anywhere at all when i put foot down. i do like the look off 330 ci in coupe, nice with the M3 wheels on in the topaz blue

Taz,

Let me know if you're thinking of selling up, a mate of mine is after one and prolly wouldn't be put off by Cat D if the price is right.

We've got a 330ci, great car, pulls like a train right upto 140 (on the track of course) :clap:. Maybe selling that soon. Drove the all the other power variants before buying the 330 and have to say all of them were gutless.

well i,ve decided not to have the BM, i,ve seen them as low as £8499 now, and can only go down alot now the new 3 series is on the way. over the weekend i,ve been offered a EVO IV, scooby WRX STI plus cash, 206 GTI 52 reg, vectra plus cash, rover 620 TI plus 7k and a Espirt 2.2 turbo on N reg but he wanted cash on top...but as yet i have not swapped, i know my cars a Cat D but i think its in good nick and i think i might keep it yet, the amount of admiring looks and '' NICE CAR MR''....can,t beat it.

i have been offered £8250 cash for it Foley so if he can beat that i might sell up.. :D ...carbon fibre interior parts, sports exhaust, wheel extention kit( wider wheel base and can fit s2 wheels on) clear lights all round and rear diffuser ;)

Archived