28th - 30th June 2024

Question For Scott? - Corbeau Seats....

Mr G

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are the business aren't they ?

What colour are you opting for Mr G ?

I'll be doing this soon - prob. around easter. Im thinking Black with Navy (same as hood) inserts and 'possibly' elise and corbeau in yellow stitching ?

anyone have recommendations for a yellow S1 with Navy Hood and Trim ?

Modification  Corbeau Seats

Category  Interior

Vehicle  1998 S1 Elise Standard

Updated  May 25 2004, 07:04 PM

Purchased Price  200 Pounds

Installation Price  0 Pounds

Rating  10/10

Description  Much, much more comfy and they stop you sliding around so much too.

Best seats ever for the Liz!

They shall be blue as soon as the cushions arrive!

think thats the pair. at one point it was £150 for the pair then the whole of SELOC got wind and Corbeau revised thier prices. I reckon its between £200 and £300 for the pair. Jonson on SELOC had it done not long back if you want to search.

yeah. call Corbeau

Std seats though they can put removable cushion inserts in for you and re-pad it if you like. Tho a lot of people inc scott and graeme remove the cushions when on track as it makes u too tall with the helmet on.

It was a real problem for Lotus when designing the 111s seats. They had to pad them better but at the same time not exceed the hip height due to safety regs. A couple of mm feels like inches if you have ever sat in a std then a 111s

Good point about the padding, Jon.

Actually, although the lateral support is better on the Sports seats, I found the standard S1 seats more comfortable. The Sports seat is a different shape and feels not only set higher but is slightly more reclined. Consequently, to get my arms comfortable, my legs are more bent - and sat higher. Also lose the lumbar support that's present on std seat (well the leather ones anyway).

Notably, Scott has the removable steering wheel boss, which brings the wheel closer, so presumably counteracts the reclining problem (doesn't do the same for gearstick though).

Maybe I'm just a funny shape (don't answer that!) but "Sports" doesn't automatically mean better. Message is to "Try before you buy".

I presume the kitchen cabinets and washing machine are not part of the seat upgrades?! He's done bloody well to fit all that in such a tight space.

"He has everything but the kitchen sink" - literally ! :)

I swapped mine for my old black leather ones and £200... mine are the original and early design of the Corbeau (Graeme has the later one with more bits of cushion :))

You can now get your existing seats re-coevered by Corbeau to whatever colour you like for £150 + VAT per seat.

I never remove the cushions - to start with they are a bit high, but they squash down over time and are so much more comfy, they hold you in better too. Highly recommend doing it.

Archived