litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Croix En Ternois

Daniel

Thu 1st April with Lotus on Track.

My little clone Muvi cam (£23 incl an 8GB Class 6 Micro SD card) performed great for what it cost me so I'm very pleased with the footage.

First a few laps following S1 Steve in his standard K series Blue S1 on road tyres and std S2 suspension :)

Then a few laps following Jonathan (Balboa), bit of flame at 3min3secs too, in his purple(Aurbergine?) S2 Exige S. (The 2nd lap behind him was my 3rd fastest of the day too, much easier to chase than to be chased :) )

I have plenty more footage including a couple of spins which I might put up when I have some spare time.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great day, shame my car looks like its not even trying lol, will try and sort out a video to prove it was moving!

your car was doing the same speed halfway down the straight as mine was at the end of it :)

Steve you plonker - What have you done to your mount? Or were you practicing after the stunt show we saw earlier in the week and driving on two wheels ;)

haha i suppose i should of checked it......

Thu 1st April with Lotus on Track.

My little clone Muvi cam (£23 incl an 8GB Class 6 Micro SD card) performed great for what it cost me so I'm very pleased with the footage.

Hey Dan, where did you get your camera from?

I'm after one of these, and am currently suffering brain-ache looking at the mind-boggling number of variations on offer!

(Great vids BTW - I'm hoping to get a camera in time for my Walshy day that's coming up soon)

Guy - I bought one like this from this seller - eBay link although I paid £10.00 for it, but go through all his items and they're slightly different prices. Took just over a week to arrive.

You'll see in the item listing the pics at the bottom show the accessories,

mini_dv01.jpg

I used the one on the bottom row (and in the main picture, they're the same), 2nd from the right with some double sided tape on the black blastic inbetween the 2 seats and it seems ok to me.

I then had to buy an 8GB class 6 micro sd card (with adaptor) and I bought this one: from 7day Shop. It arrived in a couple of days.

It even survived this weekend being tie-wrapped to Austens race car, upside down too!!!

P1090674.JPG

The Muvi cams are imo the best for trackdays, I have a hi def camcorder and have been thinking about getting a car mount for it, but i can buy lots of Muvi cams for the same price and the quality is great on them just need to remember to turn them off after each session :wacko:

I made a crude but effective mount for my Muvi that clamps around the harness bar, I think dan stuck his near the back window??

i'm going to buy at least one more to stick on the back to capture dans sideways antics behind me!

Tesco were selling them for around £40

Guy - I bought one like this from this seller - eBay link although I paid £10.00 for it, but go through all his items and they're slightly different prices. Took just over a week to arrive.

Cheers Dan, time to get the credit card out me-thinks!

Archived