litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Takuma: I Am Confident It Will Come Soon

Mark H

Takuma Sato says he has learned a lot following his second outing in the 2010 IZOD IndyCar Series.

Takuma, who was competing in his first race in the #5 car's iconic green-and-yellow Lotus livery, started the Honda Grand Prix of St Petersburg, which was postponed until Monday due to rain, from eleventh.

He then used all of his F1 experience to overcome the challenging track conditions to move up to eight by lap 21. However, at that point he was fighting to get into the fuel window when he ran into the tyre wall while defending his position.

"I was disappointed not to finish today," Taku said. "I enjoyed the start of race. The conditions were very tricky, but I was able to improve a few positions, which was a great feeling.

"During the early part of the race I was able to battle and make some more positions. Then, I was struggling with the balance and wanted to pit, but we were trying to stretch to the fuel window. Unfortunately, while I was struggling I was trying to defend my position when I hit the wall.

"I have learned a lot about the car these first two races, but I still have some things to learn about this series. I am confident it will come soon."

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived