Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

How Much For S1 ?

tazbaz69

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£6000- £7000 subject to condition.

If not Cat D, would only be worth £9500-10,500 with that mileage. Then take 1/3 off for Cat D.

Slightly off subject :blink: , i've got a s1 99 T reg, 43k miles, How much do we thinks this is worth?

Thanks

Philippa

:blush:

ps- when i bought it it;s missed 1 (or maybe 2) services. Dyou think it's worth me doing it, about due an A service?

Phillipa - its prob. worth around 10k. Loads of early S1's for sale with this kind of mileage. If its in good nick and is a good colour (ie silver/azure/titanium) you wont get a premium over other colours but will sell it easier.

On that mileage, I'd say £10K for poor & neglected up to £12.5K for best of breed.

Definitely do a service. Could be the one missed is the "C" which will cost £400 (cambelt change) irrespective of what else needs doing. Any remotely savvy buyer with choice will expect (nay, damand) this as it's well overdue now.

Add another £530 for new springs & dampers. Fitting £150? Geo afterwards £100.

Tyres - how much left? A new set of Advans cost £400+

Exhaust? If it's original, budget £400 for fitting a new one.

Miscellaneous odds & sods which may have been fixed but always fail eventually: clutch trunnion, clutch hose, window guide channels.

12 months MoT inspires confidence. Have it done at same time as suspension.

Paintwork - dull or shiny, pockmarked front or well kept. Budget £300 min for a blow-over respray of the front.

Easy to see how the "same" car could be valued 25% more! That's before you look at upgrades. Buyers never get their money back (in full) but it's easier to sell cars with stainless steel exhausts, induction kits (Hurricane, ITG) etc.

And wait 2 more months and add perhaps £300 to all of the above - very seasonal car!

i was going to take him to court and trading standards so i think it all sank in it was easier to give me back the elise then face the prospect of having to suppy me a T sport celica and get a fine, so rang me up sat and asked if i wanted it back :angry:

On that mileage, I'd say £10K for poor & neglected up to £12.5K for best of breed.

Definitely do a service. Could be the one missed is the "C" which will cost £400 (cambelt change) irrespective of what else needs doing. Any remotely savvy buyer with choice will expect (nay, damand) this as it's well overdue now.

Add another £530 for new springs & dampers. Fitting £150? Geo afterwards £100.

Tyres - how much left? A new set of Advans cost £400+

Exhaust? If it's original, budget £400 for fitting a new one.

Miscellaneous odds & sods which may have been fixed but always fail eventually: clutch trunnion, clutch hose, window guide channels.

12 months MoT inspires confidence. Have it done at same time as suspension.

Paintwork - dull or shiny, pockmarked front or well kept. Budget £300 min for a blow-over respray of the front.

Easy to see how the "same" car could be valued 25% more! That's before you look at upgrades. Buyers never get their money back (in full) but it's easier to sell cars with stainless steel exhausts, induction kits (Hurricane, ITG) etc.

And wait 2 more months and add perhaps £300 to all of the above - very seasonal car!

I have looked after it! Only reason i'm selling is i've changed jobs and will be travelling loads.

Dont think cam needs doing, cant remeber- need to look at the book as to which service missed

Paint work is good, no chips and things as had respray two months ago

Tryes fine, exhust is standard, just has a piper cross induc. kit on.

Colour is Azure blue

If is did as much as your've suggested then i'd be payin out a few grand just to get £12k? May as well sell as is for £10K, i'd be no better off.

Figured would be better to sell now than waiting for the sun as more will be for sale

Philippa

That's right! Some buyers will be happy with a £10K car with a list of things to be done - they can choose when and to what degree they make changes. Others will be happy to pay the extra to get a car with the faults already remedied.

£10K sounds a bit light for your car, especially if the paint & tyres are good and Azure is a popular colour. Prices improve in the summer as the fairweather brigade are seduced by the sun - there will be fewer sellers than buyers.

I got 10.5k for mine with 63K miles on the clock. 98S

It did have the 160 conversion which made up for the miles though.

As scott says, its worth what someone will pay - if you have time to wait for the right buyer, you will get the going rate... if not, you have to rethink your budget.

hth

Steve :rolleyes:

Archived