litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Owners Club?

richb

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Official Lotus Owners club with Lotus Cars was a big waste of time as a club. They hired out the Heathal track a couple of times, sent out the odd very boring magazine. which basically just had rewrites of their press releases in it.

When they use the word club it is a bit miss leading... You are paying to be on there mailing list from what I saw when I joined...

You could use their web forum which people from Lotus was meant to also respond to but never did.. I think only three people ever posted when I looked at the forum over a number of month.

I would rather spend my money with a club that was a club, with members and activities....

Agreed.

Think they sucker new owners in the first flush of enthusiasm. At that point you don't bother to check out whether it's any good or not.

That's how I joined - took the special offer for 3 years too! Total waste of money and won't be rejoining when renewal time comes in September.

Don't do it. MLOC, SELOC and L-O-T have evolved to offer so much more.

thing is, i need to join a club to get this 10% discount.

all the bloke said was "are you a member of the owners club". do you think MLOC would count for the discount?

it was with egger lawson.

cheers

rich

IIRC membership of OLC (or LCI as it is now) is about £30 pa. So that's how much you'd need to save. Also, you must ALREADY be a member - something in the T&C's about not joinng to get the discount, so join, get your member number, then enrol for insurance.

I joined the Lotus Club as you got a 10% discount on the driver training, so it paid for itself in one day and you get a 10% discount on servicing at the factory which saved me another £40-£50 so in total its saved me quite a bit.

Rich - join Club Lotus - you are already MLOC and SELOC (maybe)

I have the cClub lotus Members Only Magazine from 1989 to 2000 if you want to pick them up for free. Happy to help a new Lotus chappy.

You will get your discount (for what its worth) and get to go on events that cover the whole Lotus car ownership spectrum.

Bob

Archived