litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Blaupunkt Ipod Adapter

mattyp

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on if you have a 3rd Gen iPod... you can get a more simple system that is just a cable that plugs into the back, but you get no display on the stereo - just on the iPod.

I should imagine that will be a simple plug that fits into the back of the stero and somewhere to attach the unit.

Get one Chris, they are the bees knees, I've seen all sorts of other mp3 players and its still the best. A mate's just got the new Sony Net Walkman thing, and whilst its nice looking, the interface is pap compared to the iPod.

I like them so much I've got two! (sorry ;) ) A 3rd gen 40 gig and a 4th gen 60 gig iPod photo.

Anyway, I've gone for this adaptor in the end :

Dension ice>Link Plus

Which I think is actually the same as the one Car Audio Direct's site. Charges the iPod, line out audio rather then headphone out, and some basic controls on the head unit. 100 squid.

I've gone for one that hasn't got a cradle, just a dock connector on one end, so I can just put the iPod on the little gubbins shelf on the passenger side. Will probably use the 3g for day to day (in a rubbery case so it doesn't slide about) - whilst charging in the car is great, I guess that sitting on charge all the time won't be great for the battery.

Matty

What head unit have you got?

Does the Denison work ok?

Can you fast forward/rewind find tracks ok?

Cheers

Dave

I've got the head unit that comes with the Exige performance pack, which if memory serves is a Blaupunkt Freiburg CD34 (I think).

Only ordered the cable yesterday, so will have to let you know how it goes, but I've heard good things about the Dension stuff - have you heard otherwise? ;)

According to what I've read (from their site and user reviews) you can fastforward and rewind, change between up to 5 playlists, but if you want to find stuff its a case of using the iPod itself.

Archived