litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lifting Soft Top

Black Swan

Anyone out there had the front edge of their S1 soft top lift at speed?

Mine has always sat high on the near side and over night will lift so the plastic strip on the roof is at about 45 deg. near side only. Same problem with 2 roofs. At speed it has lifted so the rood baloons like 60s rag tops.

Any ideas anyone? I have measured the distance fron the roof edge to the keyhole fixings at the rear and thete is 1 - 2mm in it max! :)

All ideas welcomed

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you saying the roof lifts so you can see the sky? or just that the roof angles up at the front?

If its just the angling up but then mine does this as well, (I think most Elises do this) if its the roof lifting up so you can see the sky, I've had this happen once when I was driving down the motorway but it was my own fault for rushing to put the roof on when it started raining and I didnt quite clip it in properly!

The roof has lifted enough to see the sky on the pass side, on the motorway at something above the local speed limit.

I believe the roof started off seated well on both sides. In general the roof looks OK until the cross hoops are pushed up. If I put the roof on in the evening (dry) and it rains overnight, the pass side will have lifted quite a lot and there is huge ammounts of wind noise as a result. When I set off/stop I try and remember to push the pass side back down again. I have got into the habit of dropping the hoops when I park up.

Might have to live with it I guess. If that is the worst thing to go wrong ...

Peter

Archived