litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Trim Shop

ipanter

Has anyone had anything retrimmed by the trim shop?

I am looking to get my hood re-stitched but am unsure what to do, while they have it for a roof, will they lend me one?

I will also be getting the sill covers done, has anyone else had them done if so what do the come back like and how the hell did you get them off your sills in the first place?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFAIk they don't lend stuff out... but your local dealer may have one, or someone who doesn't use the car in winter etc may.

IIRC AnthT had some work done and it took them ages!

Sill covers are glued on... may be better to buy them from Elise parts as they send you new ones out, then you send yours into them. Cheaper adn easier IMHO.

I dont know about the roof. I did email lotus trim shop about the sill covers though. They are held on with double sided tape. They will retrim your old ones for approx 30 quid. You have to get a dealer to send them in. They will not remove any old double sided tape left on, you have to do it. They also sell new ones through the dealers for approx 50 quid. I was going to get one from Nick Whales but havent been yet. I think they must have to order them. P.S. by sill covers i presume you mean the ones you rest your right elbow on ? Hope that helps.

Ian

I had my sill covers retrimmed as well

Had them done by Hanger 111. You get a new set sent through the post and then you have to remove all the tape and stuff and send the bare plastic ones back. Bit of a bitch to do, plus you have to get the tape off your sills. Worth it in the end though! Untill your missus scratches them with her boots! :P

I've heard that Lotus do a good job of the roof! Perhaps you should wait untill summer when you dont need it or can use the shower cape. You can borrow my roof or H/T though if it helps you out!

Dave

Thanks all, i've had a look at Hangar111 and will get the sill covers done by them, as that look a whole lot easier than having to wait for them to come back from Lotus, and the price is the same.

Unfortunatly they don't offer the same service for hoods. So Dave, i think i will take you up on your very kind offer, i've PM'd you.

When my car was at Sinclaires, they said about restitching the roof and they would lend me another soft top whilst its away. Might be worth giving them a ring? about £70 iirc which compared to a brand new one, very reasonable because that includes a new front plastic strip.

hth

steve ;)

Archived