litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Light Switches/driving Lights

Sol

Well, hardly 'technical', but there isnt an 'ineptitude' section for posting so:

Can anyone explain what the 3 buttons are for lights and how they work .. :drive: Be gentle, Ive only been driving for 10 years.(2 of which are in the Elise)

I know the middle one is main headlights, full beamed from stalk(!). That seems to have been quite helpful in the dark. To its right, apparently, is the fog light(says so in manual)-a rear red fog light, behind the grille? Only seems to work if the main lights are on, but does nothing up front as far as I can guess. The leftmost seems to be a waste of space..makes my dash blink.

And I have driving lights, which seem to only come on with full beams. Can I switch the driving lights on when not on full beam or operate them separately? ie in fog so that I can see ahead of me.

Before you ask, yes Im serious.. :clap:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they are driving lights not fog lights and thus you would blind everyone if you switched them on.

Your fog light wont do anything up front because you dont have fog lights, although every tom dick and harry seems to drive round in every weather with them switched on dazzling every driver and breaking the law.

I have good reason to use both the front and back fogs this morning on my normal car. Mind you, I haven't ventured outside yet to even try and open the frozen up door.

As far as I understand, (Agreeing with Beefcake)

- One switch is the normal headlights.

- One switch is for the rear foglight (Only works when headlights are on)

- Last switch is for the sidelights (the little bulbs in the front headlights, and normal back lights)

Thanks guys..Beefcake, no worries, I hear you on being blinded..

So I was right on that first switch then :drive:

I think itll be the Honda this morning looking outside!

Archived