litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Immobiliser Do I Have?

Bramble111s

Insured with Adrian Flux, due to Mloc wabritising, but have huge forms to fill in....

What kind of tyres, mods etc (great rate btw)

However I need to advise what immobiliser I have.

How do I know?

Are all 99 Elises not fitted with the same one?

Does it say in any log books or in the car somewhere?

I have always thought I had the cobra alarm, is it not part of that?

Ladders, which ones in your car?

In fact Beefcake, what was in your 111s?

THANKS!

bramble

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW - You should have a certificate telling you what alarm you have fitted.

Should you? I've always been suspisious of mine because it's not wired into the stack but has a LED in the spare button and mine wasn't a road car from new so wouldn't have needed a factory fit one :wacko:

BTW - You should have a certificate telling you what alarm you have fitted.

Should you? I've always been suspisious of mine because it's not wired into the stack but has a LED in the spare button and mine wasn't a road car from new so wouldn't have needed a factory fit one :wacko:

Always exceptions to the norm, never seen an Elise alarm like that before, do you have an older model alarm or a non cobra one?

Should you?  I've always been suspisious of mine because it's not wired into the stack but has a LED in the spare button and mine wasn't a road car from new so wouldn't have needed a factory fit one  :angry:

Always exceptions to the norm, never seen an Elise alarm like that before, do you have an older model alarm or a non cobra one?

It's a standard cobra key fob with the contact bit as well. The only difference is the location of the light. The car had 6k miles on it before it was road registered and I don't know if people normally bother with alarms in track cars :wacko:

Where should the certificate be, is it loose with the logbook or just printed in it somewhere?

Dont know if this helps :-

1997 October

Optional U.K. market Cobra 6422 alarm.

1997 October

Option upgraded from Cobra 6019HF to 6422. Facility to reprogramme transmitter keys. Override switch deleted.

I can't find any other changes listed for alarms.

Mines an oddity too, ask Scott :wacko:

Archived