litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Breakdown Recovery Policies

snowman

Just found out that my breakdown cover has run out and have been phoning round a few places...

What do you guys have??

MORETHAN> will not allow cars with no spare wheel to be covered, even if the car came out of the factory without one..

Work that one out!!!! :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a basic RAC one but may update it for one that's more comprehensive.

I'm going to have a look at the range offered by GreenFlag and ETA because I haven't used them before.

AA and RAC in my experience have both been excellent.

Thanks

Sarah

If you are a SELOC paid up member you get 15% off both :)

IAM gets you 25% off the AA - hence i am with them.

FWIW you can get a Parts and Labour warranty from the AA in addition to your breakdown cover (£50 or £100 dependant on claim limit) Whereas i have been told that the RAC one does not cover the Elise - does for normal breakdown cover but not the warranty also.

just had a nice chat with Norwich Union and got some recovery cover for the liz, questioned the problem about not having a spare tyre.. not a problem...Cool..

Just take the time though guys to read through your policies.. having rang round a few today, not many will cover you without a spare!!! GITS, they don't tell you this when they take your money!!

Just a word of warning about Green Flag. They are a recovery service only.

For example, when my exhaust detached from my Punto after a bit of "spirited" hoofing last Christmas they would only tow me to Kwik Fit. The AA or the RAC would have managed to attempt a repair and send me on my way as it was only the bracket that had snapped. Instead, it cost me £150 for a new exhaust that I didn't even need and when I went to pick it up later that afternoon my old exhaust had been "disposed of". Handy that.

Wish I'd really got the guy to tow me home instead as Kwik Fit fitted a standard Punto exhaust rather than the upgraded one that was on it.

Archived