litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Modded Esprit Is Out At Last

lotus

well max power did want it to be honest so put it to a public vote lolol, and "redline" won, so its a 4 page feature in redline in the new year i belive, and to really upset ya all its in the uk's top 100 cars at max power live in london at the end of the month.

well i really thought the esprit owners would slate my car to bits, but even the old skool have embraised me, as they say the lines are still there, very suprised you lot dont really like it, but hey thats cool, wanna race i promise not to use nitrous and only half throttle he he (jokin).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lotus, I think at the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

There's no doubt that you've made a good job of it and as long as your happy :)

Me personally, I think there's a level where you don't alter a cars looks. For example I'd never put a body kit on Ferrari, Porcshe and for me Lotus's.

I remember taking my car in my local garage to have a puncture repaired and the Boss asking the YT boy what he thought of the Liz. He said "it's alright, but I'd change the lights on the back end!" :P

Things is the 'Mods' on the Exige are functional rather than cosmetic.

On the assumption that the numbers I have seen quoted (i.e. increase of downforce) are true then I agree. However, I've still seen a lot of people saying that retro fitting a front splitter and Exige rear wing to a Std Elise is Chav-ish, but presumably you still get a downforce improvement? (although the increased ride height would reduce front splitter benefit the rear wing should remain unaffected). Therefore I agree with you, but maintain that even if you did the mods and claimed/proved they were for performance you'd still get a lot of anti-Chav comments.

I'd think someone was chaving there Elise up if they stuck a wing etc on the back! (exige or Halfords jobbie)

Why mess with something that already looks good!

I've always been a fan of form follows function

i must say the only other lotus i would own would be a exige, absolutly love them, just not got the top range thats all

oh ladders,,,,,eerrrr you said porsche on a thread i stared, please go and wash your mouth out LOLOL

lambos no thats a car, would still mod it though he he

Me personally, I think there's a level where you don't alter a cars looks. For example I'd never put a body kit on Ferrari, Porcshe and for me Lotus's.

you've never seen a RUF Porshce then ladders ??

Agree with you though. Images with cars can be very sensitive. Subtle enhancements are always appreciated more i.e Boxster S from Boxster. but sometimes you can get it wrong. An example is the chap who sold Blown K who had a modded Fezzer.

Money can't buy taste sprung to mind.

Its all down to personal at the end of the day though. I was really consious when i bought my clio cup ! In the elise, a private plate, baseball cap, exhaust and a moderate amount of music was acceptable - in the clio I caught myself in reflection of a shop window a few times and realised this was a big no no !!!

Hence, private plate removed. Baseball cap removed and windows firmly up when playing loud music !

A positive image about the car isn't a big thing for me - i just like how it drives simple and don't care how good I look :) - but a negative image is and thats when i do care how bad i look :P !

well all i know are the ppl that come up to me in pertrol stations / car parks etc etc, and 70% of the normal none car lovin public ha ha, actually think its a special edition and came out the factory like that. very strange to me anyway. but that was the idea of my mate who deisnged/fitted and sprayed the car, wanted something that didnt really destroy the car to much but still make a massive impact.

the work gone into it is amazing on his part to be honest and i appriciate any car that has had time spent on it, from a lambo to a saxo.

Archived