litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fookin Leaves

Steve J

On the way to the Nott pub meet, put the heater fan on and got a nasty noise and the car filled with the smell of burning plastic. Hastily turned it off. Lst time this happened NW had to replace the whole fan (thankfully it was under warantee then)

Took a trip to Horizon next day only to have one of their mechanics turn the fan on and bits of dried leave come through the airvent and then the fan started working again. Well I had a nice cup of tea and a chat with Mike and Wendy, then buggered off home again (cheapest trip to Horizon yet).

I read about cutting up a pair of old tights (the missus not mine) and putting them over the intake under the front driver's access pannel. So opened the panel tonight and the intake is completely different to the S1. Even if I put the tights filter in, it would only stop bits getting blown into the car and not stop the stuff getting sucked into the fan and jamming it.

So final solution was to take the front grill off and make up some custom mesh filters over the intake pipes behind. Should stop me sucking up any more leaves and potentially jamming the fan.

I'm starting to get the hang of this fixing Lotus design faults myself. :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve

Had the same problem but I picked up a pair of Autostyle Solutions ready made filters from ebay. Bit of silicone to fix them over the inlets and no more leaves or rubbish through the vents.

Dave

Archived