litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Painting Norfolk Mustard A Problem?

SOUPS

just painting my elise be4 it gets back on the car and its been a nuissance for the garage they had to use around 12litres of paint... the doors took 5 hours.. he said no car ever took him that long.. the spray room had yellow spots all over LOL..

is it that hard to get the norfolk mustard colour on?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have a norfolk musard elise (the best and only choice).

When i had it repaired the chap who did it said that the paint was almost clear, so he had to put on loads and loads of coats to get the colour to match, it took him a whole day extra than he thought it would take.

i had mine done by team pro-active and they said it was dead easy...... although they were used to doing those 2 tone TVR's i suppose anything a single colour is dead easy......

only criticism was the paint was a bit soft.....

Mate

Had mine respayed loads of time.

The 1st question is is your car definatly N. Mustard, if your car is X reg it will be Spice Yellow not N Mustard. Which i can asure you its a NIGHTMARE!!!! Some silly amout of pait required as its pearlesent.

Had all sorts of bits sprayed on my car, went a bit overboard as i hated stone chips, so every time i got 1 or 2 i had it done.

Dean

Try Hallcraft (near Horizon) they seem to do very reasonable quotes for respray work... very good too by the feedback from MattyB and Simon111s

You can change the colour if you wish - have to let DVLA know though - send back V5 with new info on :up

Most important cost for paint is for a full front end respray to fix all the stone chips, and there will be loads of them.

I have the same problem with the Chrome orange as those of you with Spice yellow as it requires 2 layers, the main colour and the almost clear top coat!

Archived