litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sunstrip

Bramble111s

With the low winter sun comming on and blinding me, am considering a sunstrip, have to say whilst I think the motorsport strip looks great on an exige, not so keen with it on a soft top car......

Obviously it is practical?

Anyone got pros / cons, I assume traffic lights disappear?

Think I would just get a dark tinted colour, so as too not really show....?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The motorsport strip dosn't stop the sun at all as its high up on the screen. I can't see it while i'm driving.

Just get a decent pair on sun glasses :P

Chris

p.s thanks for saying it looks good on my car lol

I drive towards the east in the morning and the west at night so I have a problem with sun all the time but I managed to find a cheap solution.

Blue Peter moment now.....

I got some fairly thick black felt fabric and cut it to roughly the size of a normal visor in a car and tucked the top part between the roof and the top of the window.

You can't see the fabric from outside the car but it hangs down enough to cut out the sun problem.

Might be a cheap and nasty solution but it works.

Derek

Unless they have changed the Motorsport screen sticker then it isn't actually a sunstrip. I had one on my old Elise and it is just a sticker the fact it looks like a sunscreen is due to the tint at the top of the screen which is already there.

Archived