litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Gearbox Noise ?

andy n

Hi

Just looked at a s-reg elise :) , I have looked at a few but have not noticed this noise before.

The noise appeared at any speed when you stopped accelerating, my closest description is it sounded like a thrust bearing type of noise but it is not there when the car is still.

Is this just the usual sound of the gearbox ?

Thanks

Andy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. They all do it, although it's more conspicuous on some than others. The dynamat works (under seats & up the rear bulkhead), as do louder bits on industion & exhaust to drown it out. It's not an indication of a worn gearbox, clutch, engine or anything - just sounds like it should be!

Always wondered what it was, i am glad to hear it is supposed to do it. I have got pretty good at ignoring all the nioses it makes now. Its only the really loud 'clanks' that i pay attension to! Happy driving andy

Better solution than fitting sound deadening and carpets etc........................

Fit a nice loud exhaust with pops and bangs when lifting off and you'll never notice the gearbox again :clap:

It works :P

Dave :drive:

Archived