litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ignition Switch

lesstatt

Bloody thing.................a few times in the past when i've turned the car off the key has come out and the car has kept running, had to put it back in and wiggle it to stop it, however today the key wouldnt come out, finally came out and now it wont go back in and turn, something is jammed in there, feels like its going to break and the ignition lights dont come on anymore, got to ring bramalls and get them to come and get it, its under warranty still,

Thats why i was going to fit the starter button, to take the strain of the key

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like its not covered by warranty from Bramalls ( bless em eh ) so it looks like i got to try and fix it, i've taken the cover off and took it apart , its all mashed up inside, so im thinking about a master on off switch and a button to start it, anyone else done this at all ??? if so give me a clue to the wiring sequence, i just want an on/off ignition and a button, cant be too hard eh, after all its still got the steering lock, cobra immobilisor, tracker etc, and if i get an on/off with a removable handle then its even harder than before to steal

Back of the plug is as follows,

White and white brown, main ignition

2 yellow ??

1 black ??

Hooray, its all fixed, bypassed the ingition switch with a button, wiring diagram kindly supplied by eliseparts, all sorted now,

Bramalls BAS*(&$R........................main dealer eh, should have known better than to trust they would fix it under warranty, never even got back to me...............

Archived