litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Burning Rubber

Steve J

Ok so we've got about 2mm left on the rears (just getting to the wear guides) and a Walshy day in October.

My question is "How much rubber can I expect to have left at the end of the Walshy day?"

Am I going to be ok to drive back to Nott, as I don't intend taking it to Horizon for new ones till the Saturday after?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was almost down to the indicator on my rears. It was wet for most of the time that I was there and had so little tyre left afterwards that I got a "Respect" out of the mechanic changing my tyres :) Can't imagine how much I would have had left on a dry day!

I probably lost about 2mm off mine..... you will be ok, but try not to spin too much (like that'll happen) and you should be ok.

Alternative is to "get a puncture" on the way back and get the AA to tow you to Horizon, thus saving the cost of return fuel and then to Horizon :)

Archived